Vashon Community Van
The Vashon Community Van is still operating, but the physical office on Vashon Island is closed in support of guidance from Public Health–Seattle & King County to limit gatherings. To request or join a trip, please use the form below or contact the Community Transportation Coordinator by phone or email (see below).
- Community members travel together to local destinations during the day, evening, or weekend.
- Group trips and stops are preplanned (at least two weeks in advance) by a Community Transportation Coordinator.
- Riders contact their Community Transportation Coordinator to join pre-scheduled Community Van trips.
- Each trip must have at least two passengers in addition to the volunteer driver.
- Each rider pays a one-zone Metro fare. The driver doesn’t pay a fare.
- Riders can request a new trip by submitting an online form or contacting the Community Transportation Coordinator.
- Riders can also suggest a trip they know will be popular with their friends and neighbors.
- Accessible Community Vans are available on request. Tell the Community Transportation Coordinator about your needs before your trip.
Use the button on this page to request a new trip, or contact the Community Transportation Coordinator to learn about or join trips that are already scheduled for the Vashon Community Van.
Support your neighbors and your community and help the environment by becoming a Community Van volunteer driver. You can choose which trips you drive and how many times you drive each week.
- Download, complete, sign, and email your Community Van Driver Application.
- Complete Driver Orientation
- Start Driving! Once you become an approved driver, you will be able to use the van.