Vashon Community Van
The Vashon Community Van is operating, but the physical office on Vashon Island is closed in support of guidance from Public Health–Seattle & King County to limit gatherings. To request or join a trip, please use the form below or contact the Community Transportation Coordinator by phone or email (see below).
- Community members travel together to local destinations during the day, evening, or weekend.
- Group trips and stops are preplanned (at least two weeks in advance) by a Community Transportation Coordinator.
- Riders contact their Community Transportation Coordinator to join pre-scheduled Community Van trips.
- Each trip must have at least two passengers in addition to the volunteer driver.
- Each rider pays a one-zone Metro fare. The driver doesn’t pay a fare.
- Riders can request a new trip by submitting an online form or contacting the Community Transportation Coordinator.
- Riders can also suggest a trip they know will be popular with their friends and neighbors.
- Accessible Community Vans are available on request. Tell the Community Transportation Coordinator about your needs before your trip.
Use the buttons on this page to see a list of trips that have already been scheduled for the Vashon Community Van or to request a new trip. To join an already-scheduled trip, contact the Community Transportation Coordinator.
Support your neighbors and your community and help the environment by becoming a Community Van volunteer driver. You can choose which trips you drive and how many times you drive each week.
- Download, complete, sign, and email your Community Van Driver Application.
- Complete Driver Orientation
- Start Driving! Once you become an approved driver, you will be able to use the van.