Skip to main content
King County logo

We issue new permits for property located in unincorporated King County only. Check jurisdiction and zoning to determine whether your property is located in unincorporated King County or is located within city limits.

For property within a city boundary such as Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, etc., contact the City directly for its permitting regulations.

Permits Available Online

King County Permitting Portal:

Residential Mechanical Permits

Residential Basics Program (limited to licensed contractors)

Critical Areas Designation and Extension

Zoning and Historical Certification Letter

Fuel Tanks, Decommissioning Underground

Fuel Tanks, Installation and Relocation

Fire Permit for Residential Sprinklers

Fire Fireworks Display

Fire Fireworks Stand

Building Permits