Skip to main content
Most King County offices will be closed on Monday, May 28, for Memorial Day.  
King County logo

Request form

Complete the Permitting Department Research Request Form to request records for property in unincorporated King County. Please note:

  • Most records for property located within city limits (Seattle, Bellevue, etc.) require contacting the city (external link) not the Department of Permitting. Check jurisdiction of a property to see if it's in unincorporated King County or is inside city limits.

  • Check the types of building permit records and land use permit records maintained by the Permitting Department Records Center and the approximate historical availability of files. The location of a record depends on its type and date.

  • For older (prior to the 1970s) records, and for property surveys and other property-related files not available at the Permitting Department, see other records resources.

How to submit a request for permit records

Use one of the following methods to submit your research request:

  • Bring your completed form with you to the Records Center or

  • Send the form by e-mail as follows:

    • Complete the fill-in fields and save.
    • Create an e-mail message and insert your completed Word document as a separate attachment. The message body may be left blank.
    • Send to
    • Call voicemail request line @ 206-296-6696 and request information
    • For Public disclosure requests click here disclosure


Customers can review any file free of charge. For copying services, the standard County rate is charged.