Miscellaneous Genealogical Records at the King County Archives
Please contact the Archives with questions or to schedule a viewing appointment for any of the following records:
County Commissioners' Proceedings Name Indexes (1853-1969)
- Names of people having business of some kind with county government (for example, applying for a liquor license, suing for damages to a road, petitioning for property rezone, etc.)
Jury Lists (1880-1922)
- Lists of people who were selected to serve on juries or who were paid for jury service. Generally, the lists are alphabetical and in addition to the name of each juror they often include the home address of each juror or the distance that they traveled to serve on a jury.
General Civil Index (1865-1906)
Name index of civil cases filed in Washington Territorial District Court and its successor, King County Superior Court. Entries include the name of the plaintiff, the name of the defendant, the judgment, the instrument number and the date of filing. Entries are indexed alphabetically by name of plaintiff. These are microfilm copies.
Attorney Rolls (1850-1895)
- Register of attorneys admitted to practice in Seattle from the 1850s to 1895.
Lists of Bar Applicants (1894-1895)
- Applications of individuals desiring to practice law in King County. The applications have been indexed online (PDF, 11KB).
Registers of Health Care Professionals:
- Index of Licenses for Physicians, Optometrists, Chiropodists, and Midwives (1890-1980)
- Medical Register (ca. 1892-1916)
- Doctors Sworn In (1909-1913)
- Dental Registers (ca. 1909-1970)
List of Filers for Public Office (1940-1979)
Oaths of Office (1913-1927)
- These forms documented public officials that were elected or appointed in King County. The forms include the name, the position and the date of the oath. They are arranged by file number, which is semi-chronological.