Skip to main content
King County logo

The Records Management Program provides access to various forms that are necessary to manage records throughout their life cycle.

We are in the process of updating our documentation to reflect software implementation changes. Until this is complete, please use Content Manager for any guidance that directs you to KC ERMS. Contact for further help.

Archival Appraisal Request

The King County Archives no longer uses an archival appraisal request form. If records have archival or potentially archival value, complete an Archival Records Transfer Agreement (below).

Archival Records Transfer Agreement

This form should be used to transfer archival or potentially archival county records to the King County Archives at the end of their retention period. (Do not use this form to send records for inactive storage at the Records Center.) Send completed form to King County Archivist Danielle Boucher at

Destruction Forms

For destructions performed in-house by your agency or an external vendor, use:
  • Agency Destruction Form (Word, 36KB)
    * Note, this form is not required for the destruction of Transitory Records or Secondary Copies. You may destroy those yourself with no documentation.

For records sent to and destroyed by the Records Center, use:

  • Records Center Destruction Form (Word, 28KB)
    * This form is required for all records (including secondary copies or transitory records) destroyed by the Records Center.
Note: due to staff availability and a thorough review process, it may take one week or longer to receive your destruction forms back.

Disposition After Digitization (DAD) Application

Legal Hold

This form must be completed for any records under holds for Litigation, Public Disclosure Requests, Audits or Government Investigations. For more information, refer to the executive policy, LGL 15-1 (AEP), Legal Hold Procedures for Records and other Documents.

Looking for Records?

King County Archives - historical county records
Recorder's Office - recorded documents
Vital Statistics - birth and death records
Find Public Records - various county records
Public Records Program - submit a public disclosure request