Metro Transit is your "go to" agency for public transportation throughout King County. We are popular locally and admired nationwide for our innovative transit services, pioneering green practices, and visionary approach to meeting the transportation needs of the county’s growing population. Metro's many services, choices, and support connect people with communities and help make life a little better for everyone.
Please protect yourself, other passengers, and Metro employees:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wear a mask or face covering.
- Wash your hands often and use sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
Please “Social Distance” when using transit:
- Stand at least 6 feet apart at bus stops, bus shelters, ferry terminals, RapidRide and Streetcar/Light Rail stations, and transit centers.
- Buses are limited to either 12 or 18 passengers depending on the size of the bus.
- Some seats are closed to create additional distance between riders.
- Please wear a mask or face covering to protect yourself, other passengers, and Metro employees.
- Metro has temporarily discontinued fare payments, so don't worry about tapping your ORCA card or having bills or coins.
- Board buses using the rear door, unless you need the ramp, kneeler, or priority seating. If you need to use the ramp or for the bus to be lowered for access or your safety, please wait at front door and ask the driver.
- While on board, please stay behind the newly installed "safety straps" and reserve the front section for passengers requiring priority seating.
What does six feet of “Social Distancing” look like on transit?
- At bus stops, bus shelters, ferry terminals, RapidRide and Streetcar/Light Rail stations, and transit centers, staying at least 6 feet apart is about the length of a sofa.
- On buses, social distancing means about one rider for every other row of seats.
- On streetcar and Link light rail, social distancing means about one rider for every third row of seats.
- On water taxi, social distancing means about one rider every other row, with at least 3 seats in-between riders in each row.