Eastside Park & Ride Options
East Link light rail service will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection between the Eastside's biggest population and employment centers and destinations across King, Pierce and Snohomish counties. When East Link opens, passengers will be able to ride over 50 miles of light rail with other new extensions also open north to Lynnwood and south to Kent/Des Moines.
However, during construction there will be challenges and change for Eastside commuters, especially those using park & ride lots to connect to transit and other ride-sharing services. Construction will take several years. During that time, getting to and from your destination may involve using an alternate park & ride lot, and taking two bus trips in the place of one. Or, you may choose to pair your bus commute with another mode such as walking, bicycling, ridesharing, or joining a King County Metro VanShare group.
Park & Ride closures
East Link construction is underway in south Bellevue and Redmond. Sound Transit will use the South Bellevue and Overlake Transit Center park & ride sites to stage equipment and materials to build the light rail tracks, stations and parking garages.
Bus and shuttle service, and bike storage remains open through construction, but bus stop locations may change.
New alternative park & ride options
Alternative parking locations
Sound Transit has opened seven leased park & ride lots, expanded two leased lots and identified existing lots with parking availability. See locations, parking availability and more:
For new alternatives to driving alone see Metro’s Just One Trip program
- Commute planning support
- Customized travel plans
- Park and ride options, including permit parking
- Enhanced bus service and connections to light rail
- Rideshare, Vanshare, Vanpool and carpool options
- Bicycle and pedestrian resources
- Park & ride permit parking
- Perks and rewards for trying a new trip
For more information
- Check out area maps and travel options on this website.
- Call us at 206-553-3000 to learn more about transit routes and service.
- Download the Puget Sound Trip Planner App.
- Receive a customized travel plan and alternative trip planning suggestions by completing a Commute Inquiry Form at justonetrip.org.
- Sign up for transit alerts.
- Subscribe to receive East Link construction alerts.
- Learn more about project phases.