Quick Start Guide
Changes coming to South King County
Effective 9-19-20 thru 3-19-21
Vigente del 9-19-20 al 3-19-21
Big changes are coming to bus service in South King County in September. Learn more about how the changes may impact your travel.
Please protect yourself, other passengers, and Metro employees:
- Wearing a mask or face covering is required.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands often and use sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
When using transit:
- Wearing a mask or face covering is required to protect yourself, other passengers, and Metro employees.
- Stand at least 6 feet apart while waiting for transit.
- Buses are limited to either 12 or 18 passengers depending on the size of the bus.
- Some seats are closed to create additional distance between riders.
- Metro has temporarily discontinued fare payments, so don't worry about tapping your ORCA card or having bills or coins.
- Pay a regular fare on Sound Transit Express bus or Link light rail service.
- Board/exit buses at the rear door unless you need the ramp, kneeler, or priority seating. If you need to use the ramp or have the bus lowered for access or your safety, please wait at the front door and ask the driver.
- While onboard transit vehicles, please stay behind "safety straps" or other markings to reserve designated areas for passengers requiring priority seating.
What does six feet of physical distance look like on transit?
- While waiting for transit, staying at least 6 feet apart is about the length of a sofa.
- On buses, physical distance means one rider for every other row of seats.
- On streetcar and Link light rail, it’s one rider for every third row of seats.
- On water taxi, it’s one rider every other row, with at least 3 seats in-between riders in each row.