Via Point-to-Point is a pilot, on demand service that Access-eligible customers can choose to make trips anywhere within Southeast Seattle and Tukwila during service hours. This service is brought to you by King County Metro in partnership with the City of Seattle.
Monday – Saturday: 5 AM – 1 AM
Sunday: 6 AM – 12 AM
Southeast Seattle and Tukwila map
- Via Point-to-Point costs the same as a Metro bus ($1.00 for Regional Reduced Fare Permit cardholders).
- Pay your fare using your ORCA card upon boarding. Using an ORCA card lets you transfer fares between Via Point-to-Point and buses or Link light rail.
- Transit GO Ticket is accepted (select “bus” as mode of travel) and lets you transfer fares between Via to Transit and buses.
- Credit cards, debit cards, and stored value/prepaid cards are accepted in the Via app/call center, but do not provide transfers to buses or light rail.
- Cash fare payment and paper transfers are not accepted.
Yes! In the Via app, click on the menu button and tap your account icon in the top left of your screen. From there you will find a Fare/Service Types button, tap this and then choose any disabilities that apply, including whether you need a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
If you’re using the phone rather than the app, just let the Via customer service representative know you need a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
The wheelchair ramp, located in the rear of the vehicle, is designed to accommodate up to 800 pounds and can accommodate wheelchairs up to 36" wide.
Yes! A personal care attendant can ride free with you.