SchoolPool Flagship Events
Celebrate safe & healthy school commutes with King County SchoolPool.
Encourage families to walk, roll, and carpool to school safely by hosting one or more of the Flagship Events! Use the Flagship Event toolkit to help implement your event—at a school or across a school district or jurisdiction. Follow along with our calendar or celebrate any time of year!
Back to School Traffic Safety Campaign
Encourage people driving near schools to slow down, pay attention, and watch out for kids.
Walk & Roll to School Day
Celebrate getting active for the school commute, while reducing traffic congestion and emissions around schools.
Winter Walk & Roll to School Day
Motivate families to enjoy fresh air, being active, and practice safety skills even in the winter.
Cocoa for Carpools
Inspire families to form carpools and collect student travel modes in a creative, fun way!
Bike to School Day
Celebrate Spring and motivate families to bike, scoot, skate, and walk to school.
Available to anyone for free, each toolkit includes:
- Event guide to support preparation and implementation – in English
- Customizable posters to share the news of the event around school– in English
- Fliers to share event information with families – in English, Spanish, traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Somali, and Russian
- Digital promotions package, including newsletter and social media content – in English, Spanish, traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Somali, and Russian
- Safety tip sheets for adults and students – in English, Spanish, traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Somali, and Russian
- Extra event-specific materials such as yard signs or banners – languages available vary by flagship event
Metro Vanpool program fare schedules
What's included in your monthly fares?
Fuel, maintenance, insurance, 24-hour Emergency Roadside Assistance, Guaranteed Ride Home and toll-free roadways!
Questions? If you have fare-related questions, or need assistance calculating your fares, please have your van's bookkeeper contact your assigned Accounting Rideshare Service Rep. For recruiting questions or other support, contact King County's Commuter Van Program via email.
Please note: Fares resumed Oct. 1, 2020. Groups who are parked and not commuting may not drive the van, are not allowed personal use, excess miles and/or driver bonus miles at any time. Any driving must be for commute purposes and is charged at the full monthly rate.
Not sure who your Accounting Representative is? Please call anyone listed below for help or a referral.