Share the ride. Connect to transit. Get reserved parking!
TripPool is a King County Metro pilot program that encourages commuters to share the ride to local park & rides, helping to cut congestion, improve air quality in neighborhoods and make the most out of limited parking.
Metro offers vans to volunteer drivers willing to use an online app to match with and pick-up fellow commuters along the way to catch transit. The van remains in a reserved space at the park & ride during the day and the driver offers up a similar shared ride for the afternoon commute. Drivers and riders connect via a free online app.
TripPool Fast Facts
The vehicles we provide include gas, insurance, and maintenance along with reserved parking and Guaranteed Ride Home (PDF).
You use the iCarpool app to choose the listed stop that works best for you. TripPool drivers have the flexibility to make route adjustments.
With no monthly commitment, trip booking and fare payment is handled through the iCarpool mobile app when you need a trip.
- Your trip is free when you're the driver.
- You pay for trips using iCarpool 'ride credits'—only $1.50 for first five miles.
- When you link your iCarpool and RideshareOnline.com accounts you're reimbursed for charges above $2.75 (one-zone peak). Also, if you provide your ORCA card you'll be reimbursed 100% (essentially a free trip—just think of it as a pre-transfer).
Riders and drivers wanted
TripPool riders and drivers are wanted in Bothell-Woodinville (Bothell P&R), Auburn (Auburn Sounder station) and Kenmore-Kirkland (Kingsgate and Kenmore P&Rs).
How to become a TripPool rider
- Install the iCarpool app on your mobile device.
- On the payment screen enter ICARPOOL25 into the promotions and discount codes box to get $25 in FREE ride credits.
- Sign up or log in to RideshareOnline.com and link it to your iCarpool account. Add the card number from your ORCA monthly pass to have all your charges reimbursed when riding in a TripPool
- Search for a TripPool going to your park & ride and book a trip!
If you want to be a TripPool driver
Once you have your iCarpool and RideshareOnline.com accounts set-up and linked:
Join the first-of-its-kind TripPool pilot in Bothell-Woodinville, Auburn, or Kenmore-Kirkland.
Request information or call 206-625-4500
TripPool information request
Connect with Rideshare
Local Calls: 206-625-4500
Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
WA Relay: 711
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Accessible commuter vans are available to groups upon request; TTY users, please dial your relay service at 711 to get in touch with rideshare staff (available 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday); RideshareOnline.com translation service available to ESL customers via a conference by calling 206-625-4500 (available 8 AM to 5 AM, Monday through Friday).