Rewards & promotions
Sharing a ride is rewarding.
Whether you vanpool, vanshare or carpool in your commute, you can save time, utilize HOV lanes, cut toll costs and best of all, put money in your wallet saving you commute costs AND receiving rewards!
Bookmark this page and check back frequently to learn about new rewarding rideshare opportunities for King County commuters.
TripPool participants share the ride, get reserved parking at select park & rides, AND get fantastic rewards for helping grow this new pilot service.
As a "Thank You" for helping to test and grow the innovative new TripPool pilot service we are offering eligible new riders and drivers these great rewards.
- New Drivers receive a $50 MasterCard gift card.
- Repeat Drivers receive a $50 MasterCard gift card for each month with at least 12 round-trips provided (or 24 trips total, average three round-trips/week) for up to three months—up to $150!
- Repeat Riders receive a $50 MasterCard gift card for each month with at least 12 round-trips taken (or 24 trips total, average three round-trips/week) for up to three months—up to $150!
While supplies last, participating pilot areas only. If you have questions, please send an email.
Share a ride from your neighborhood to a park & ride in the I-90/I-405 corridor in a VanShare and get rewarded!
When South Bellevue Park & Ride closes in 2017 for East Link construction, the other Park & Rides in the region will become more crowded. Beat the crowds by starting a VanShare and get a reserved parking spot!
- Reduced ridership requirements – get started with just you and two other people.
- First three months of your vanshare fare will be free!
- In addition to receiving a $50 MasterCard Rewards Card, each person in your new group will receive a free ORCA card with $25 pre-loaded value or a $25 TranBen voucher to use towards transit or vanshare fare.
- Free reserved parking at qualifying Park & Ride lots (including Eastgate Park & Ride!) with new options at the new Bellevue Transit Center.
The fine print:
- Vanshare groups that take advantage of this promotion must connect to King County Metro or Sound Transit bus service and riders may be asked to provide their ORCA card number.
- Groups must have at least five full-time riders (including two drivers and a bookkeeper) by the end of their 3rd month of commuting to continue.
- Not all Park & Ride along the I-90/I-405 corridor are eligible for reserved parking. Please email Rideshare Operations to see if your Park & Ride qualifies.
Get started today!
Confirm your group’s logistics and have everyone download and complete a Commuter Van Participant Agreement and email them to email@example.com or fax to 206-684-2166. Give us a call at 206-625-4500 with any questions!
Recruit a new participant into your, or any other existing King County Metro Commuter Van and get $50. Recruit three new participants and get $150!
Ready to get rewarded?
- Make sure the new participant completes a program application and faxes it to 206-684-2166 or scans and emails it to firstname.lastname@example.org The recruit request will not be processed without this application on file.
- Go to RideshareOnline.com to sign up for a new account (or log in to your existing account), click on the Rewards tab and select Incentive Programs.
- Click ‘Submit Request’ for the King County Metro Commuter Van – 2019 Recruit #1 and complete the form.
- If you have three recruits, repeat the process for King County Metro Commuter Van – 2019 Recruit #2 and 2019 Recruit #3
- Your recruit will then be sent an email and asked to confirm that you recruited them. Once your recruit verifies that you recruited them, you will receive a code to redeem your $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
- Recruit must join an existing vanpool or vanshare. For new commuter vans, this means only riders who you recruit after you start may be eligible.
- Recruiter and recruit must be current members of the King County Metro Commuter Van Program.
- Recruiting rewards are limited and are first come/first serve. Only two recruiting rewards per recruiter.
- Recruit must not have participated in any commuter van program within the past three months prior to joining a Metro commuter van.
- Recruit must have joined a Metro commuter van after program start date of January 1, 2019. This promotion will continue while supply lasts, or until July 31, 2019, whichever comes first.
- Recruit and recruiter must both have a completed Metro commuter van program application file with Rideshare Operations.
- Recruiters who were rewarded in 2018 are encouraged to recruit more riders in 2019.
- King County Metro will not intervene or mediate in discrepancies or disputes between the recruit and recruitee
The Commute Coach is the coordinator of the new vanpool or vanshare while the group is forming. The coach recruits commuters, organizes the group and assists the team to cross the finish line in their new commuter van. Earn a $100 MasterCard Rewards Card for organizing your new Metro vanpool or vanshare today!
Connect with Rideshare
Local Calls: 206-625-4500
Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
WA Relay: 711
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Accessible commuter vans are available to groups upon request; WA Relay users, please dial 711 to get in touch with rideshare staff (available 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday); RideshareOnline.com translation service available to ESL customers via a conference by calling 206-625-4500 (available 8 AM to 5 AM, Monday through Friday).
Rideshare contact list
We appreciate your participation in our commuter van program! Please call us if you need assistance—our phones are staffed Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. For emergencies after hours, weekends or holidays, your call will be patched into our answering service.
Fender bender, damage or issue with your van? Call your maintenance representative.
Not sure who your Accounting Representative is? Please call anyone listed below for help or a referral.
Starter kit for vanpool and vanshare
TripPool volunteer driver toolkit
Community Van driver toolkit
Commuter Van Orientation
New drivers and bookkeepers in the King County Commuter Van Program are required to take online training and receive a completion letter to become approved drivers or bookkeepers in our program. To take this orientation, you must be authorized and have been contacted by a Rideshare Operations representative.
Are you authorized and ready to complete your commuter van orientation?
Need assistance? Send us an email
Vanpool Seat Finder
Enter complete home and work addresses below for the most accurate list results. Visit RideshareOnline.com to create and view custom trip lists with additional search filters, personal trip calendar, and available rewards.
Emergency and accident procedures
If you have an accident
- Protect the scene:
- Turn on hazard flashers
- Move the van out of traffic
- Make sure riders are in a safe location
- Set up reflectorized triangles from the kit in your van
- CALL 911 and report the accident (regardless of the severity).
- Call King County Metro Transit at 206-625-4500 and report the accident immediately.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s):
- Complete the back section of the Vanpool Accident packet envelope
- Obtain names, addresses and phone numbers
- Driver license numbers
- Vehicle license numbers
- Insurance information—You are insured through the King County Metro Transit Division (206-625-4500)
- If police are on the scene, obtain officer's name, badge number and jurisdiction.
- Ask all witnesses to complete the "Witness Courtesy Cards" in the accident packet and put them in the mail.
- Complete a Traffic Collision Report (inside accident packet) in the glove compartment for all accidents. Within 48 hours, email the report, fax to 206-684-2166 or send by regular mail using the postage paid envelope provided in the packet.
If you have a breakdown:
This information is for King County Metro VanPool drivers and their use.
Protect the scene where your van is disabled and call a Vanpool Service Representative; during regular business hours (8:00am-5:00pm), after hours call 206-625-4500 or 1-800-427-8249; the on-call staff member will be paged. You may call collect, but you must identify yourself as a vanpool driver for the call to be accepted. If you are calling from a telephone that does not accept return calls, please ask the answering service to patch you through to the on-call staff member. Be sure to have the following:
- Your vehicle HOV number, (for example HOV1234)
- Your exact location
- Your van's condition and/or suspected problem
- A phone number where you can be reached
For further information see Section 3 of your VanPool Program Manual.
If your van requires towing
Leave the van in a secured area, lock it, tell Metro and the towing company where you will leave the keys. Do not take the keys with you. Metro will have the van towed to the nearest dealership, assigned garage or Metro facility.
Below are contracted King County Metro commuter van maintenance and repair garages. Please check with your Maintenance Rideshare Services Representative (MRSR) at 206-625-4500 to confirm which garage your van is assigned to.
Note: These are contracted facilities for King County Metro's express purposes and use or listing of these facilities does not imply any type of recommendation.