Rewards & promotions
Sharing a ride is rewarding.
Whether you carpool, vanpool or use vanshare in your commute, you can save time, utilize HOV lanes, and best of all, put money in your wallet saving you commute costs AND receiving rewards!
Bookmark this page and check back frequently to learn about new rewarding rideshare opportunities for King County commuters.
TripPool participants share the ride, get reserved parking at select park & rides, AND get fantastic rewards for helping grow this new pilot service.
As a "Thank You" for helping to test and grow the innovative new TripPool pilot service we are offering eligible new riders and drivers these great rewards.
- New Drivers receive a $50 MasterCard gift card.
- Repeat Drivers receive a $50 MasterCard gift card for each month with at least 12 round-trips provided (or 24 trips total, average three round-trips/week) for up to three months—up to $150!
- Repeat Riders receive a $50 MasterCard gift card for each month with at least 12 round-trips taken (or 24 trips total, average three round-trips/week) for up to three months—up to $150!
While supplies last, participating pilot areas only. If you have questions, please send an email.
Share a ride from your neighborhood to a park & ride in the I-90/I-405 corridor in a VanShare and get rewarded!
When South Bellevue Park & Ride closes in 2017 for East Link construction, the other Park & Rides in the region will become more crowded. Beat the crowds by starting a VanShare and get a reserved parking spot!
- Reduced ridership requirements – get started with just you and two other people.
- First three months of your vanshare fare will be free!
- In addition to receiving a $50 MasterCard Rewards Card, each person in your new group will receive a free ORCA card with $25 pre-loaded value or a $25 TranBen voucher to use towards transit or vanshare fare.
- Free reserved parking at qualifying Park & Ride lots (including Eastgate Park & Ride!) with new options at the new Bellevue Transit Center.
The fine print:
- Vanshare groups that take advantage of this promotion must connect to King County Metro or Sound Transit bus service and riders may be asked to provide their ORCA card number.
- Groups must have at least five full-time riders (including two drivers and a bookkeeper) by the end of their 3rd month of commuting to continue.
- Not all Park & Ride along the I-90/I-405 corridor are eligible for reserved parking. Please email Rideshare Operations to see if your Park & Ride qualifies.
Get started today!
Confirm your group’s logistics and have everyone download and complete a Commuter Van Participant Agreement and email them to email@example.com or fax to 206-684-2166. Give us a call at 206-625-4500 with any questions!
Recruit a new participant into your, or any other existing King County Metro Commuter Van and get $50. Recruit three new participants and get $150!
Ready to get rewarded?
- Make sure the new participant completes a program application and faxes it to 206-684-2166 or scans and emails it to firstname.lastname@example.org The recruit request will not be processed without this application on file.
- Go to RideshareOnline.com to sign up for a new account (or log in to your existing account), click on the Rewards tab and select Incentive Programs.
- Click ‘Submit Request’ for the King County Metro Commuter Van – 2018 Recruit #1 and complete the form.
- If you have three recruits, repeat the process for King County Metro Commuter Van – 2018 Recruit #2 and 2018 Recruit #3
- Your recruit will then be sent an email and asked to confirm that you recruited them. Once your recruit verifies that you recruited them, you will receive a code to redeem your $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
- Recruit must join an existing vanpool or vanshare. For new commuter vans, this means only riders who you recruit after you start may be eligible.
- Recruiter and recruit must be current members of the King County Metro Commuter Van Program.
- Recruiting rewards are limited and are first come/first serve. Only two recruiting rewards per recruiter.
- Recruit must not have participated in any commuter van program within the past three months prior to joining a Metro commuter van.
- Recruit must have joined a Metro commuter van after program start date of January 1, 2018. This promotion will continue while supply lasts, or until December 31, 2018, whichever comes first.
- Recruit and recruiter must both have a completed Metro commuter van program application file with Rideshare Operations.
- Recruiters who were rewarded in 2017 are encouraged to recruit more riders in 2018.
- King County Metro will not intervene or mediate in discrepancies or disputes between the recruit and recruiter.
The Commute Coach is the coordinator of the new vanpool or vanshare while the group is forming. The coach recruits commuters, organizes the group and assists the team to cross the finish line in their new commuter van. Earn a $100 MasterCard Rewards Card for organizing your new Metro vanpool or vanshare today!
Connect with Rideshare
Local Calls: 206-625-4500
Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
WA Relay: 711
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Accessible commuter vans are available to groups upon request; TTY users, please dial your relay service at 711 to get in touch with rideshare staff (available 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday); RideshareOnline.com translation service available to ESL customers via a conference by calling 206-625-4500 (available 8 AM to 5 AM, Monday through Friday).