About the Alliance
Since 2012, the King County Aerospace Alliance has worked with stakeholders to cultivate opportunities to collaborate and share information that will support King County's aerospace sector.
The King County Aerospace Alliance (KCAA) was convened by King County Executive Dow Constantine to unite local jurisdictions, public sector groups, business, and labor toward one goal - fostering the long-term economic vitality, growth, and global competitiveness of the local aerospace industry - a major and indispensable source of family-wage jobs in King County.
The factories are here. The workforce is here. The ability to move goods is here. Now we must act to secure our future as the leader in this vital and still-growing sector. I am committed to working shoulder-to-shoulder with this group to build aerospace and keep aerospace in King County.
- Secured the production of the Boeing 777X in King County
- Commissioned in-depth studies to understand the sector's competitiveness in our area and our available talent pipeline
- Mapped our local industry for both aerospace production and supply chain companies
- Funded $1.85 million in training and employment programs for veterans looking to enter aerospace careers
- Collaborated with the Workforce Development Council of Seattle-King County to invest more than $430,000 in aerospace training cohorts in 2016
- Sponsored the first annual events for National Apprenticeship Week in King County
- Aligned local workforce development efforts including job fairs, educational pathways, and work-based-learning opportunities