King County Executive Dow Constantine issued the following statement on the early election results of the Best Starts for Kids levy.
“The early returns on Best Starts for Kids are very encouraging. I'm pleased that so many people got the message that we can start putting more children and youth in our region on a positive trajectory in life.
“I’m proud that we created an alliance of business leaders, service providers, and elected officials, all committed to ensuring that every child in King County is able to achieve his or her full potential.”
- Overview of Best Starts for Kids
- VIDEO: Executive's plan to invest in prevention and early intervention CLIP
- VIDEO: World-class brain research shapes Best Starts for Kids CLIP
- Examples of programs the levy will fund
- Translated details of the levy
For more information, contact:
Chad Lewis, Executive Office, 206-263-1250