Skip to main content

Court hearings for people in jail/detention

How to find out more about court cases and hearings for adults in jail and youth in detention.

Looking for information on court cases or hearings?

Adult and Juvenile Detention does not have information about court cases or hearings. You need to contact the appropriate court directly to find this information. 

Adults in detention at the King County Correctional Facility (KCCF) or the Maleng Regional Justice Center (MRJC) usually have hearings at one of these courts: 

They may also have hearings at another municipal, district, superior, or appellate court of the state of Washington


For youth

Youth at the Patricia H. Clark Children and Family Justice Center usually have their hearings at Juvenile Court, which is in the same building.

Which court is handling my case?

If you are looking for court information for an adult who is or has been in detention at King County Court Facility in Seattle or Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent, follow the instructions below:

  • Visit our Subject Lookup Tool.
  • Search the person by name or other criteria.
  • When you find the record, click on the UCN (Universal Case Number) to see more information.
  • Click “court cases” to see which court is handling the case.

Once you know which court is handling the case, you can reach out to them directly for more information.

If you can’t find information using the process above, visit the Washington Courts website and use their search tools.