Skip to main content

Request records - Adult and Juvenile Detention

How to request public records from King County's Department of Adult and Juvenile Detention.

Look up a person in jail

Our Subject Lookup Tool allows you to search for people who have been at King County jails during the last year.

Request records by email or phone

You may submit a record request to the Department of Adult and Juvenile Detention (DAJD) by email or phone: 

When making a request, you must provide a call back number or an email. Without contact information, we are unable to respond.

Use King County's records portal

Another option for submitting requests is through King County's records portal, GovQA. Note the following steps, depending on which type of record you are looking for.

Note: Washington State considers many records about people in custody confidential and exempt from disclosure. See RCW 70.40.100 for more details.

We encourage you to request records by the King County public records portal, email, or phone. These are the most efficient methods to process your requests.