Skip to main content

King County Veterans Program

The King County Veterans Program (KCVP) works with partners across the region to provide financial, housing, wellness, employment and other supportive services to veterans, servicemembers, and their families throughout King County.

Need help now

Need help now?

Call Crisis Connections at 2-1-1 from anywhere in Washington to speak with a local Information and Referral Specialist, or

call the U.S. Veterans Crisis Line: 988 (press 1).

Applying for services

When you visit one of our offices you'll complete an application for services. Please bring any of the following documents that you have. KCVP Social Service Professionals can help you verify your military service. 

Learn how to locate your military records at the National Archives


To be eligible for services or resources, you must be a veteran (served at least one day in the military, any discharge type), servicemember, or respective family member living in King County. Some services are income dependent.

When you visit our office, bring your ID, proof of military service, and proof of income.

Examples of proof of military service:

  • Active Duty/Reserve Military ID
  • DD214
  • DD Form 215
  • Certificate of Discharge (if prior to 1950)
  • Dependent ID (Marriage Certificate, Affidavit of Domestic Partnership, or Birth Certificate)
  • NA Form 13038 Certification of Military Service
  • NA Form 13041 Statement of Military Service
  • NG Form 22
  • Retired Military ID
  • VA BDN screen printout
  • VA ID
  • VA Statement of Service
  • VA Vista screen printout


Visit one of our 2 locations during walk-in hours to meet with a social service professional. Your assigned social service professional will help determine the type and levels of services and resources you may be eligible for.

Seattle office

9725  3rd Ave NE, Suite 300, Seattle, WA  98115

Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm

Walk-in: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 11:00 am and 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm


Fax: 206-569-4355

Tukwila office

645 Andover Park West, Suite 100, Tukwila, WA 98188

Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm

Walk-in: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 11:00 am and 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm


Fax: 206-205-3213

Short-Term Services

Short-term resources may be available for veterans, servicemembers, and their families. The services available to you depend on your eligibility and program guidelines. KCVP works with partners across the region to provide some of the below services.

Emergency support

Our office is not a 24-hour emergency service. Services are available, during normal business hours, to help with unforeseen events. We may be able to help you with the following:

  • Emergency food
  • Medical expenses
  • Clothing
  • Transportation
  • Hygiene items
  • Utilities
  • Shelter
  • Household goods
  • Emergency supplies

We can help you get vital documents such as driver’s license/ID, birth certificates, or military records.


We offer help with the following:

  • Employment plans
  • Resume
  • Interview skills
  • Job search support
  • Work clothing/tools
  • Vocational assessments
  • Short term training certificates
  • Computer lab access
  • Connections to employment opportunities

We also host onsite job fairs to help connect veterans to employment opportunities in King County.

Housing stability

We may be able to help with the following:

  • Temporary shelter
  • Move in costs
  • Basic furniture
  • Rent, mortgage, moorage, or storage costs 
  • Utilities, including shut off prevention

Our social service professionals may be able to connect you with the larger housing assistance community. They can coordinate:

  • VASH vouchers
  • SSVF rapid re-housing
  • Low-income housing
  • Supportive or transitional housing options

Financial stability

We also provide:

  • Financial coaching
  • Budgeting support
  • Help to apply for VA, federal, or state level benefits

Legal and end of life

We have onsite specialists who can help with the following:

  • Civil legal issues
  • Discriminatory housing practices
  • Emergent eviction prevention

Our social service professionals can connect you with post-incarceration programs and support for other obstacles to recovery. KCVP can also help find assisted living in veterans homes or help with burial expenses.


Our social service professionals can connect you to:

  • Physical health resources
  • Mental health resources
  • Assistance with substance use disorders
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder
  • Traumatic brain injury resources
  • Social groups and supports

KCVP may also help cover costs of medical supplies and devices not covered by your health insurance, such as:

  • Reading glasses
  • Emergent dental costs
  • Medical assistive devices

Collaborative Case Management Program

The Collaborative Case Management Program (CCM) was a first-in-the-nation pilot and now a permanent program funded by the Veterans, Seniors, and Human Services Levy.

It blends the rental assistance provided by a Housing and Urban Development Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) voucher with supportive services through KCVP.

The program is based on a strong partnership with the VA Puget Sound Healthcare System (VAPSHCS), the King County Housing Authority (KCHA), the Seattle Housing Authority (SHA), and KCVP.

CCM eligibility

To be eligible for the CCM program a veteran must meet the following qualifications:

  • have low-income (80% AMI or lower) 
  • currently experiencing homelessness
  • be or become registered with Puget Sound VA and meet VA eligibility for housing programs
  • be able to maintain housing stability with KCVP supportive services in lieu of traditional VA HUD-VASH case management

Eligibility for the CCM program will take into consideration the veteran’s ability to obtain and maintain housing stability with supportive services provided by KCVP.

If you are, or if you know about, a veteran household experiencing homelessness, contact the KCVP office nearest you. They can help you learn more about the CCM program and KCVP's supportive services.