King County Stormwater Management Action Plan
We have developed a Stormwater Management Action Plan (SMAP) to meet the requirements of the Phase 1 Municipal Stormwater National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit. The SMAP has been developed for a sub-basin in the Bear Creek watershed in King County.
Download current document here:
2022 Stormwater Management Action Plan (SMAP) (1.9 KB)
Please let us know your feedback to help shape the plan. Comments submitted after March 31 will be considered for next year's program plan.
The SMAP includes the following for the Bear Creek sub-basin:
- Specific short-term actions – actions or projects to be accomplished within 6 years.
- Specific long-term actions – actions or projects to be accomplished within 20 years.
- Land management strategies and actions needed for water quality management. Also included in the short-term and long-term actions above.
- Targeted, enhanced, or customized implementation of stormwater management actions which include actions such as Illicit Discharge field screening, prioritized Source Control inspections, Operations and Maintenance inspections and or Public Education and Outreach behavior change programs.
- Implementation schedule and budget sources for the SMAP.