The Bow Lake Recycling & Transfer Station provides recycling services and garbage disposal. The recycling area has different hours than the transfer station building. Be sure to check the hours of operation before arriving.
Download the Bow Lake Recycling & Transfer Station fact sheet to learn more about this facility.
- Credit card - Visa, Mastercard, and Discover
- Apple Pay
Length limit for vehicles and trailers
Maximum combined length limit for vehicles plus trailers (bumper-to-bumper):
- Algona, Houghton and Renton: 25 feet
- Cedar Falls, Skykomish and Vashon: 30 feet
- Bow Lake, Enumclaw, Factoria and Shoreline: 40 feet
Secure your load
Be sure to secure your load before traveling. A load is secure when nothing can slide, shift, fall or sift onto the roadway or become airborne. We charge a $25 fee to any vehicle that arrives at our solid waste facilities with an unsecured load per King County Code 10.12.040.
These materials are only accepted during recycle area hours:
- Commingled recyclable materials
- Mercury-containing light bulbs and tubes
- Yard waste
Our recycling services vary by facility. Use these visual guides to see where to take your materials.
- View our recycling services guide in English or Spanish
- View our Guide to King County Recycling and Transfer Facilities:
If you have questions about what is recyclable, call our solid waste information line at 206-477-4466.
Fees vary depending on the type of material and the weight of your load. If you are a ProviderOne, EBT, or ORCA LIFT customer you may also be eligible for our Cleanup LIFT discount. Visit our disposal fees page to see our current rates.
We accept a wide range of materials at our facilities, but there are some restrictions for legal, operational, and safety reasons. Visit the disposal restrictions page for details.