Best practices guide
Schools working on the Sustainable Green School level can check the Sustaining Green School for the steps to recognition. One requirement is to complete an additional action or educational strategy each year. Your school may select any action from any of the program's Best Practices Guides, including the Healthy Schools Best Practices Guide.
Gardening in schools
- King County hazardous waste teaching resources
- How to produce less hazardous waste
- Guidance for school districts on haz waste disposal
- EPA healthy school environments assessment tool
- Find safer, nontoxic cleaning products on Green Seal
- Selecting safer art adhesives
Indoor air quality (IAQ)
- The Northwest Clean Air Agency
- Green Schools transportation resources
- Assistance to investigate specific IAQ concerns from Washington State University Energy Programs. Includes ideas for improving some environmental health conditions in schools. To subscribe to the IAQ News, send a blank email message to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The newsletter includes articles about IAQ, announcements about training events, grant opportunities, and other information useful to school districts
- EPA indoor air quality tools for schools
A free resource that shows schools how to carry out a practical plan to improve indoor air problems at little or no cost using straightforward activities and in-house staff. Order from the website above or view most sections online.