Junk vehicle definition
The vehicle must meet at least 3 of these criteria to qualify:
- Vehicle is three or more years old
- Vehicle has extensive damage
- Vehicle is inoperable
- Vehicle’s market value is equal to the approximate value of the scrap metal
Our no-cost junk vehicle affidavit service
We can help you complete the steps to have the vehicle legally removed. The vehicle must fit our “junk vehicle” definition, be located on your property, and be within King County’s service area. Our service area does not include the Cities of Seattle and Milton.
We use the following process:
- You submit a request using the online form.
- Our staff will reach out to schedule an inspection of the vehicle and prepare documentation.
- If your vehicle qualifies, we’ll issue a Junk Vehicle Affidavit. This document allows you to dispose of the vehicle legally.
- You contact a tow company or local scrap yard in your area to have the vehicle removed. Any cost associated with the towing or disposal is your responsibility.