The Lake Hills and NW Lake Sammamish sewer pipe has been serving Redmond and Bellevue for 50 years, carrying wastewater to Brightwater Treatment Plant in Woodinville for treatment. King County is working on a project to upgrade 4.5 miles of this sewer pipe to meet the growing needs of the community. King County will build the new pipe in trails, roads, and parks in Redmond.
Construction on the project is expected to begin in 2024 and may impact your daily routine. When the project is complete, the new pipe will provide sewer service for 50 years or more.
Join us for more events this summer!
We had a great time connecting with Sammamish River Trail users during Bike Everywhere Day in May. If you missed us at Bike Everywhere Day, please join us at Redmond Derby Days on Saturday, July 15, from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. or at the Move Redmond Open Streets Festival on Saturday, August 26, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Stop by our booth at either event to learn more about the project. We hope to see you there!
King County WTD continues to work on the final design for the Lake Hills/NW Lake Sammamish Sewer Upgrade project. Construction is expected to begin in late 2024.
Interested in a project briefing for your community group?
We are happy to meet with you or come to your next community event to share the latest project information and to answer questions you might have as we get closer to construction. Please contact Annie Pfeifer at 206-263-3203 or email@example.com for more information.
Sign up for project text alerts
Be sure to sign up for project updates to stay up-to-date on the latest project information and upcoming events. You can also get updates from your phone. To sign up for text alerts, text KING REDMONDSEWER to 468-311.
Previous project updates
- Survey work along 177th Ave NE starting as early as May 8, May 2023
- Construction expected to begin in 2024, Spring 2022
- Fieldwork along sewer alignment scheduled to begin the week of March 21, March 21, 2022
- Delays and increased congestion on and near West Lake Sammamish Parkway beginning as early as November 1, October 28, 2021
- Summer 2021 Project Newsletter, August 2021
- Expect delays and increased congestion on and near West Lake Sammamish Parkway beginning as early as August 31, August 28
- Summer 2020 Project Newsletter, August 2020
- Expect delays and increased congestion on and near West Lake Sammamish Parkway starting as early as July 13, July 8, 2020
- Fall 2019 Project Newsletter, October 2019
- Join us at Bike Everywhere Day on May 17! May 10, 2019
- Catch up on our design process and read about what's next!, August 2018
- Join us at Bike Everywhere Day on May 18! May 11, 2018
- Expect short delays on West Lake Sammamish Parkway and residential streets beginning March 20, March 14, 2018
- Online Open House archive (December 2017 - January 2018), February 6, 2018
- Stop by the online open house to review and comment on the latest project designs! December 5, 2017
- Final design for the Lake Hills and NW Lake Sammamish Sewer Upgrade Project begins, November 2017
- Join us for drop-in sessions in November! November 1, 2017
- Expect increased noise and activity in Luke McRedmond Landing starting as early as Oct. 16, October 9, 2017
- Soil sampling in ravine scheduled to begin as early as September 7, August 31, 2017
- Soil sampling on 180th Ave. N.E. continues September 6, August 29, 2017
- Contractor moving to Sammamish River Trail this week. Sampling on West Lake Sammamish Parkway complete, August 15, 2017
- Soil samples begin on 180th Avenue August 14, August 9, 2017
- Soil samples continue August 7 on West Lake Sammamish Parkway, August 2, 2017
- Expect lane and sidewalk closures, short delays on West Lake Sammamish Parkway and local roadways starting as early as July 31, July 27, 2017
- Soil samples starting July 31 on West Lake Sammamish Parkway and 177th Ave NE, July 27, 2017
- Sammamish River in-water survey work north of the Leary Way Bridge week of July 5, June 28, 2017
- Expect short roadway and trail delays during utility investigations starting as early as Monday, April 24, April 18, 2017
- Fieldwork efforts nearing completion – alignment for new sewer pipe to be finalized in early 2017, November 29, 2016
- Geotechnical work this week, WTD's GoGreen booth a hit, and Pokemon, don't Go here! July 25, 2016
- Geotechnical work begins June 23 in Idylwood for King County’s sewer upgrade project in Redmond, June 22, 2016
- Project update, June 8, 2016
- Project update, February 2016
- Project news, January 2016
- King County touring your area, April 24, 2015