Brightwater Center was built with sustainability in mind, from the green building to the native plant landscape.
Brightwater Center is a sustainable, Platinum-level-certified building through the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standard. It was designed and built in ways that help protect natural resources, limit the impacts of construction, and incorporate sustainable practices.
Sustainable elements of the Brightwater Center building include:
- Re-use of existing on-site and salvaged materials
- Use of recycled materials
- Natural ventilation and daylighting
- Energy-efficient lighting
- Energy Star appliances
- Radiant floor heating from the treatment plant’s thermal energy production
- Solar panels
- Recycled water used for irrigation and toilet flushing