- DCYF requires licensed child care providers to complete specific trainings before a provider can care for children and throughout their career. DCYF requires certain health- and safety-related trainings. Some can be found through their MERIT TRAINING PORTAL.
- Best Starts for Kids offers many equity-centered workshops for King County early childhood providers. Visit the Best Starts Workshops website to browse workshop topics, register, and see which workshops offer STARS credits.
- The Snohomish County Health District offers STARS-approved trainings on a variety of health and safety topics. Any child care provider, regardless of county of residence, may receive STARS credits for these online classes. Please select SIGNUP and then "Login" anytime to take the classes.
- The Center for Public Health Nutrition, in partnership with the Washington State Department of Health, has developed a series of free STARS accredited online trainings for early learning providers to support environments that make it easy for young children to be active and develop healthy eating habits.
- Get your King County Food Worker Card online
This Washington state-required certification for food workers is available in an online format where you can take the course and test when it is convenient for you. In-person classes are also available.