Skip to main content

Eastgate Public Health Center

Eastgate Public Health Center provides health care and Environmental Health services. We have changed some in-person services due to COVID-19. See list of services for each office below.

COVID-19 vaccine

Eastgate Public Health Center no longer offers COVID-19 primary vaccine and booster doses to the general public. People receiving other services at this clinic can continue getting Moderna COVID-19 primary vaccine and booster doses as part of their care.

For a list of local pharmacies and other available vaccine provider options in East King County near you, go to:

Health care services

Services include:

  • Medical care when you or your child are sick (children receive care from pediatricians)
  • Well-child check-ups, including your child's health, growth, and development
  • Care for ongoing problems and chronic diseases
  • Vaccinations and immunizations
  • Check-ups and screenings for hidden diseases like cancer
  • Suboxone/buprenorphine treatment for adults with Opioid Use Disorder

Phone: 206-477-8000

Specific hours:

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 am to 5 pm
  • Wednesdays:
    • First, third, and fourth Wednesdays of the month: 10:30 am to 6 pm
  • All other Wednesdays: 9 am to 6 pm

We offer sexual and reproductive health care services. This includes birth control methods, HIV/STD testing, emergency contraception (Plan B), pregnancy tests, as well as pap tests and preventive exams. All services are confidential and free or low cost. No one is turned away because they can't afford to pay. Visit the birth control and sexual health clinics website for more information.

Specific hours:

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 am to 5 pm
  • Wednesdays: 9 am to 6 pm

The teen clinic provides confidential sexual and reproductive health care for youth. Services include birth control methods, HIV/STD testing, emergency contraception (Plan B), and pregnancy tests. Visit the Teen Clinic website to learn more.

Specific hours:

  • Teen Clinic is open for walk-ins Wednesdays from 1 pm to 5 pm.
  • Teens are also welcome to call 206-477-8000 to schedule an appointment Monday through Friday, outside of walk-in hours.
  • Maternity Support Services helps pregnant and post-pregnant individuals find health insurance, local doctors or midwives, and other community resources to support a healthy pregnancy.
  • Infant Case Management provides support and referrals to medical, social, educational, and other resources in your community to help your baby and family thrive.
  • Learn more about Maternity Support Services and Infant Case Management.

Specific hours:

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 am to 5 pm
  • Wednesdays: 9 am to 6 pm
  • Home or off-site visits are also available. To schedule an appointment, call 206-263-9300.

The Women, Infants, and Children Nutrition Program (WIC) is a supplemental food program for people who are pregnant, postpartum or breastfeeding, infants, and children up to age 5. WIC also provides health screening, nutrition and health education, breastfeeding/chestfeeding promotion and support, and help getting other services.
You may be eligible for WIC services if you:

  • Live in Washington state, and
  • Are pregnant, newly post-pregnant or breastfeeding/chestfeeding, or a child under five years of age, and
  • Meet the income guidelines
  • Have a medical or nutritional need

Phone: 206-477-8000


  • Monday and Tuesday: 8 am to 5 pm
  • Wednesday: 9 am to 6 pm

Home or off-site visits are also available. To schedule an appointment, call 206-263-9300.

There is an additional satellite clinic at:

The dental clinic provides basic dental services for children and some adults.

  • Clients served:
    • Children ages 1 through 18 years old
    • Parents of child patients if Medicaid eligible
    • Low income pregnant women
    • Low income adults 19+ if Medicaid eligible

Specific hours:

  • Monday-Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
  • 1st Wednesday of the month: 10:30 am - 5 pm

Specific hours:

  • Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
  • Wednesdays: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
  • The pharmacy is closed for lunch Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm and Wednesdays, 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm

Environmental Health Services

Learn how to get a food worker permit (card) at

Washington State requires that all food workers have food safety training before handling food served to the public. Food workers who take a food safety training class and pass the State of Washington exam on food safety basics are issued a Food Worker Card (also called a Food Handler Permit). Eastgate Environmental Health Services can respond to any questions about your food worker permit by calling them at 206-477-8050.

Learn how to get a food business permit at

The Food Protection Program reviews and approves construction plans for retail food establishments in King County; such as restaurants, caterers, grocery stores, school cafeterias and mobile food vehicles. The Food Protection Program also reviews applications for farmers markets, temporary food booths as well as feeding programs for the needy.

More information on the food inspection system and the food safety rating system at

The Public Health On-site Sewage System (OSS) Program helps to ensure that over 85,000 septic systems including 192 septic systems in Seattle are safe. Septic systems treat wastewater when homes and buildings are not connected to public sewer systems. The OSS Program provides educational, advisory and permitting services for owners of septic systems and certifications for several septic professionals.

See extensive information, resources and application forms at

Public Health issues plumbing and gas piping permits, and performs inspections, in the following jurisdictions:

  • Seattle
  • Unincorporated King County
  • Beaux Arts
  • Clyde Hill

If the property is in another King County city, you will need to get your plumbing and gas piping permits from that city's building department.

Visit the main Plumbing and Gas Piping website for extensive resources, application forms, guidelines and direct contact information of inspectors serving your zip code.

Public Health's role is to prevent communicable disease and illness associated with drinking water from small public and individual private water systems.

Learn more from the Private wells webpage at

Public Health's school program reviews and approves new school sites and plans for public and private schools kindergarten through high school grade 12.

Visit the Schools Program homepage to learn more.

Public Health performs two routine inspections each year for all public and semi-public pools and spas in King County. Learn more about permits and download rule posters and other related resources.

Learn more about pool and spa/hot tub permits and inspections at