Skip to main content

Political campaign signs in unincorporated King County

U.S. flag

King County regulates all signs on county-owned property, easements and unincorporated road right-of-way, and unpermitted signs are not allowed in these locations. The county may remove and dispose of any unpermitted signs posted on county-owned property, easements, or road right-of-way.

Political campaign signs may be displayed on private property with the property owner's consent. If signs are posted on private property without permission, property owners can contact the campaign to ask to have the sign removed and advise the campaign about the error so it is not repeated. King County Elections, at 206-296-1565, will have the campaign's telephone number if it is not on the sign. The King County Road Services Division has no authority over signs posted on private property.

To file a formal complaint about damaged or stolen political campaign signs in unincorporated King County, contact the local King County Sheriff's Office precinct or the general number at 206-296-3311. It will be helpful to include such facts as license plate numbers, names, and witnesses to the theft. Do not call 911.

For more information

24/7 Road Helpline

24/7 Road Helpline

Call us for help at 206-477-8100 or 1-800-527-6237 with road maintenance and traffic safety issues in unincorporated King County — 24 hours a day