Skip to main content

Traffic signs in unincorporated King County

Stop sign and sign indicating cross traffic does not stop.

Report damaged signs

Report damaged signs

In unincorporated King County call the 24/7 Road Helpline at 206-477-8100 or 1-800-527-6237 to report damaged signs. In cities within King County, contact the public works or transportation department.

King County's traffic code

King County's traffic code (Chapter 46.04 King County Code) is based on the Washington Model Traffic Ordinance (Washington Administration Code Chapter 308-330) which is in turn based on the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, or MUTCD, developed by the Federal Highway Administration of the U.S. Department of Transportation.

The MUTCD contains standards for traffic control devices that regulate, warn, and guide road users along the highways and byways in all 50 States. Traffic control devices are important because they optimize traffic performance, promote uniformity nationwide, and help improve safety by reducing the number and severity of traffic crashes.

Related information

King County

Federal Highway Administration

Washington State Department of Transportation