Indigenous Peoples' Day - Holiday closures and service impacts
Most King County government offices will observe Indigenous Peoples’ Day on the second Monday in October, and will be closed. All offices will be back on a normal schedule the following day.
- King County Superior Court and the Clerk's Office will be open.
- King County District Court will be open.
- Check the Metro website for holiday schedule changes.
- The King County Water Taxi may operate on a different schedule.
- Garbage collection operates on a normal pick-up schedule; transfer stations will be open. Call your garbage collection service provider for recycling pick-up information.
About Indigenous People’s Day
Indigenous Peoples' Day is a holiday that celebrates and honors indigenous American peoples and commemorates their histories and cultures. In 2022, Indigenous Peoples' day became an official holiday for King County employees. We encourage all residents to learn about and embrace the historical truths and cultures of American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Indigenous Peoples, and to respect their many contributions.