Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some of the frequently asked questions we have received that are not under the purview of the legislative branch. Please review the list to ensure you submit your request to the correct department or entity for timely processing.

For Court documents or Court related questions – King County Superior Court Clerk’s Office Attn:  Correspondence Desk

  • I need instructions on how to manage restitution and court costs.What is the next step in this process?
  • Do I need to be present for my attorney to file my finalized divorce papers?
  • How do I request the name of a probate attorney?
  • What forms do I need to fill out and file to petition the court to modify no contact?
  • How do I locate a will?
  • I received legal financial obligation notice for Joe Citizen.This is not a good address.Please removed this address.
  • I need to obtain proof of a name change.



For District Court related records

Birth records – Vital Statistics Office, Department of Public Health 

Marriage certificates – Recorder’s Office 

Marriage licenses applications – online

For property information-hazardous history, environmental complaints

  • I am seeking any records (if any) pertaining to hazardous materials, on-site wells, septic systems, underground storage tanks, above ground storage tanks, solid waste, permitting, and environmental enforcement activities.
    Contact the Department of Natural Resources and Parks hazards line: 206 296-4692
    The Department of Permitting and Environmental Review’s Code Enforcement Complaint Process office can be reached at 206 296-6680 or by email at

For all Executive Branch Requests, please email

Sample requests received include:

  • Video footage from King County Department of Transportation (DOT) camera located at XXXX
  • Provide a copy of the XXX park policy for scheduling ball fields.
  • I need to obtain a site plan, or a survey plan for a property.
  • I’m requesting electronic copies of the current paddle boards for each of the King County Metro Bus/Streetcar/Trolleybus operating bases.

For other requests

Contact the Council
Main phone:
Relay: 711
Find my Councilmember
Click Here