Government Accountability and Oversight Committee
The Council's Government Accountability and Oversight Committee shall consider and make recommendations on:
• improving the efficiency, cost effectiveness and performance of all branches of county government (legislative, executive and judicial);
• enhancing oversight, accountability and transparency in King County government, the annual county audit program and federal, state or county audit reports, the administration of the Public Records Act, capital projects oversight, the Puget Sound Emergency Radio Network, performance measurement and performance management, management organizational structure and technology management; and
• general government oversight, including customer service, worker safety, the department of assessments; elections; records and licensing; animal control; cable communications; the county fair; King County international airport; risk management; veterans, and executive services such as telecommunications, facilities management, purchasing and real property management.
In areas within the committee's purview, the committee shall track state and federal legislative action and develop recommendations on policy direction for the biennial budget.
HOW TO PROVIDE PUBLIC COMMENT: The Government Accountability and Oversight Committee values community input and looks forward to hearing from you on agenda items.
There are three ways to provide public testimony:
- In person: You may attend the meeting in person in Council Chambers.
- By email: You may comment in writing on current agenda items by submitting you email comments using the link below. Comments submitted by 8:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting will be distributed to committee members and appropriate staff prior to the meeting.
Click here to submit written public comment. Please include the topic and, if known, the related committee in the subject line of your email.
If you would like to comment on an item not on the current agenda, you can email your Councilmember here.
- Remote attendance at the meeting by phone or computer: You may provide oral comment on current agenda items during the meeting’s public comment period by connecting to the meeting via phone or computer using the ZOOM application and the webinar ID below.
You are not required to sign up in advance. Comments are limited to current agenda items.
You have the right to language access services at no cost to you. To request these services, please contact Equity and Social Justice Director Dae Shogren at 206-263-8124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00 a.m. the day prior to the meeting.
CONNECTING TO THE WEBINAR:
Webinar ID: 837 8133 8556
If you do not have access to the ZOOM application, you can connect to the meeting by calling 1-253-215-8782 and using the webinar ID above. Connecting in this manner, however, may impact your ability to be unmuted to speak.
HOW TO WATCH/LISTEN TO THE MEETING REMOTELY: There are several ways to watch or listen in to the meeting:
- Stream online via this link:
https://livestream.com/accounts/15175343/events/4485487, or input the link web address into your web browser
- Watch King County TV Channel 22 (Comcast Channel 22 and 322(HD), Wave Broadband Channel 22)
- Listen to the meeting by telephone – See “Connecting to the Webinar” above
To help us manage the meeting, please use the Livestream or King County TV options listed above, if possible, to watch or listen to the meeting.
Meeting Times: 9:30 AM on the second Tuesday of each month
Lead Staff: Nick Bowman
Co-Lead: Melissa Bailey
Committee Clerk: Blake Wells
Meeting materials for the Government Accountability and Oversight Committee
Listed below are the meeting materials for the Government Accountability and Oversight Committee. The meeting materials available before each meeting are combined into one PDF document and posted below under Meeting Agendas and Materials. On occasion, not all materials will be available before the meeting. Additional materials for the meeting are posted as they become available.
(If links are not displaying below, you may access agenda materials at https://aqua.kingcounty.gov/council/agendas/GAO/)