The Criminal Department handles all adult criminal cases within King County Superior Court. A criminal case begins when someone is arrested and charged with a crime. Please review Seattle Criminal Department procedures and information before contacting the department.
The court has adopted LCrR 3.2(b), effective December 8, 2020, regarding least restrictive conditions of release when the court determines an individual presents a likelihood of failing to appear. The court may consider the use of unsecured bond and the deposit of cash in lieu of the execution of bond.
- Criminal Department - Seattle Office: (206) 477-1481
- Criminal Department - Kent Office (MRJC): (206) 477-2730
- Department of Public Defense
- Jail Inmate Lookup Services (JILS)
- King County Drug Diversion Court (Drug Court)
- Regional Veterans Court (King County District Court)
- Mental Health Court (King County District Court)
- Pattern Jury Instructions (external website hosted by Westlaw)
- Sentencing Guidelines Manual (external website)
- Court Ordered Legal Financial Payment Instructions (en Español)
- Guide to Sealing Court Records, Vacating Convictions, and Deleting Criminal History Records (external website, Washington Courts)
- Learn about the consequences of a criminal conviction in Beyond the Conviction, a publication of the Washington Defender Association