Judge Matthew W. Williams
c/o King County Superior Court
401 4th Ave. N, Room 2D
Kent, WA 98032
Courtroom Number: 3A
Bailiff: Caitlyn Walker
Assignment: Civil and Criminal
Rules to Review before Calling
- Motions without Argument: Local Rule 7(b)
- Trial Continuance: Local Rule 40
- Summary Judgment: Local Rule 56 and Civil Rule 56
Requests for hearings are accepted by email. Email the bailiff at email@example.com. Email must include only the following:
- Case name and cause number
- Names and phone numbers of all counsel
- Type of hearing and date(s) requested
Status Conferences, CR 16 Conferences, or Pre-Trial Conferences will be scheduled on all cases, 4-8 weeks before the current trial date.
Please read Judge Williams' Standing Order on Jury Trial Procedures. Additional resources may be found here:
- Impeachment and Refreshment Flow Chart
- Refreshing Recollection
- Evidence Summary and Instant Evidence
- Non-Exclusive List of Objections
- Estimate of Witness Examinations
Evidence and Exhibits
Please refer to the Order on Pretrial Conference for instructions on how to prepare exhibits, pre-marking of exhibits, and use of Sharefile.
Contact the bailiff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Please email the bailiff if your case settles or if you need to strike any motions.
For Attorneys and Pro Se Parties
- This Court is a paperless court. All working copies should be submitted through eWorking Copies, unless permission to email the court directly is granted.
- All Proposed Orders need to be submitted in WORD format.
- Parties are responsible for registering for eService, in accordance with LGR 30. Failure to do so may result in not receiving copies of orders entered by the Court.