Program OverviewTo create opportunities for King County and its contractors to make use of certified Small Contractors and Suppliers (SCS) firms on county contracts and increase the competitiveness of these firms as:
- Prime Contractors and Subcontractors;
- Consultants; and
The program applies to county contracts for:
- Goods & Services;
- Consulting Services; and
- Goods & Services. Incentive: Fair Market Range to rank SCS for evaluation purposes;
- Consulting. Incentive: Award of Points for the use of SCS firms;
- Construction: Participation requirements for SCS firms
- For-Profit Small Business
- Licensed to do business in Washington State
- Meets the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) size standards for small businesses, and does not exceed an overall business size limit of $30.4 million in gross receipts over a three-year average.
- Personal net worth of majority owner(s) less than $1.32M (excluding primary residence and equity in the business)
Register for Bid and Proposal email notification:
Questions about Certification?
or call (206) 848-0871
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Certify Your Business
Standard Application Process
Small businesses can apply or recertify for SCS certification easily online. Visit https://kingcounty.diversitycompliance.com/In the online platform, you can complete an application and upload the required financial documents. There are two methods for providing financial information:
- CPA Affidavit - you may use your licensed CPA to document each owners' net worth and the business size. CPA Affidavit forms can be downloaded from the Diversity Compliance Management System. (Average review period 10 business days.)
- You can provide a personal net worth statement for the majority owner(s) and the past three years of your company's Federal Income Tax Returns, including all schedules. Personal Net Worth forms can be downloaded from the Diversity Compliance Management System. (Average review period 15-30 business days.)
Fast-Track Application Process
Small businesses who are state certified by the Washington State OMWBE with one of the certifications listed below automatically qualify for SCS certification and are not required to complete an SCS application.OMWBE Certifications Eligible for Fast-Track SCS Certification:
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) – owned by minorities
- Woman Business Enterprise (WBE) – owned by women
- Minority Women Business Enterprise (MWBE) – owned by minority women
- Combination Business Enterprise (CBE) – owned by women and minorities
- Socially and Economically Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (SEDBE)– owned by non-minority men who are found to be socially and economically disadvantaged on a case-by-case basis
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting to opt-out of SCS certification.
By choosing not to participate in the SCS fast-track certification program, your firm will not be eligible for the associated benefits available to SCS certified firms.
Right to Privacy
King County, as a government entity, conducts public business and records related to the business of King County are generally available for public review. King County is committed, to the extent allowable by law, to protect and secure personal information contained in King County records. This privacy commitment must be balanced with the rights of public access under chapter 42.56 RCW, Washington Public Records Act, consistent with chapter 2.14 of the King County Code and any other applicable federal, state, and local statute or regulation.