Skip to main content

COVID vaccination resources

Information and resources about your COVID-19 vaccination

These resources include important information about the COVID-19 vaccine, how to sign up to view your vaccine record online, and other important information about privacy and billing. If you have additional questions about COVID-19, please ask them at the vaccination site or ask your doctor or primary health care provider.

The fact sheets below were created by the manufacturers to provide detailed information about the vaccine, who should and should not get the vaccine, what to mention to your vaccination provider before you get the vaccine, and information about possible side effects.

What to know about COVID-19 vaccine authorization:
  • These vaccines were authorized for emergency use by the FDA, which means they have been allowed for use during a national emergency, but that is not the same as approval for full license.
  • FDA standards for safety and effectiveness standards have been met for these vaccines. Only vaccines that meet these standards after rigorous testing with thousands of people and review by independent medical experts can be authorized for emergency use.

All vaccination locations have medical professionals trained to identify and respond to someone if they have an allergic reaction. You will be monitored for 15 minutes after receiving your vaccine so you can be assisted if needed. If you notice any side effects, please let a staff member know.

If you experience a severe allergic reaction, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest hospital. Call your healthcare provider if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.

You may have some side effects, which are normal signs that your body is building protection. Some people might have symptoms like headache, a sore arm, fatigue, fever or muscle aches. These side effects may affect your ability to do daily activities, but they should go away in a few days. Some people have no side effects.

Report vaccine side effects to FDA/CDC Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). Call the VAERS number at 1-800-822-7967 or report online at . Include the name of the vaccine you received in the first line of box #18 in the report form.

Download the Privacy and Consent form. This form is to acknowledge that Public Health provided you with information about how they keep your health information private. It also authorizes billing to your insurance, if you have insurance. The form also documents your consent to receive a vaccination (the “treatment”) from Public Health – Seattle & King County.

Authorized adult consent: If you are younger than 18 years old, you may need consent from an authorized adult to get the vaccine. You can consent for yourself if you are emancipated, married to an adult, or the vaccine site determines you are a mature minor. Not all vaccine sites are able to make mature minor determinations.

Authorized adults who may consent for minors include:

  • Adult who has court permission to make health care decisions for you (legal guardian, custodian, out-of-home placement order)
  • Parent
  • Adult who has your parent's written permission to make health care decisions for you
  • Adult relative responsible for your health care
  • In some circumstances, a school nurse, school counselor, or homeless student liaison

If an authorized adult will not attend the vaccine appointment with you, check with your vaccine provider about requirements for showing proof of authorized adult consent or legal emancipation.

Public Health – Seattle & King County COVID-19 Vaccine Minor Consent Form (PDF)

This form is used at Public Health – Seattle & King County vaccination sites, including the Auburn and Kent Vaccination Partnership Sites and Public Health clinics. If an authorized adult will not attend the vaccine appointment with you, this form can be used as written consent. Public Health staff can also accept verbal consent over the phone or a written note from an authorized adult. If your vaccine appointment is not at a Public Health site, check with your vaccine provider about requirements for showing proof of authorized adult consent or legal emancipation.

You can register online to get your family's official immunization records from the Washington State Department of Health through "MyIR".

Get updates about the availability of COVID-19 vaccine, information about the safety and development of the COVID-19 vaccine, and frequently asked questions from Public Health – Seattle & King County:

Link/share our site at