Report to Sheriff
Welcome to the King County Sheriff's Office Online Reporting System. You will be able to report your incident without waiting and be able to print a copy of the approved report.
To use this online reporting system, each of the following statements must be true:
- This is not an emergency (If it is, call 9-1-1 immediately).
- This is not an in-progress crime.
- This incident occurred within unincorporated King County or within one of our contract cities listed at the bottom of this page.
- This did not occur on Sound Transit or Metro bus or at a Park & Ride.
- This did not occur on a state freeway.
- You are not reporting a lost or stolen firearm.
- You are the victim of the crime.
- There are no known suspects.
- There was no evidence left behind.
- You have a valid e-mail address.
If you answered no to any of the above, look at our Frequently Asked Questions section or dial our non-emergency line at (206) 296-3311 so we can help you with your report.
If all the above are true, you are ready to file your report online. Turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing your report.
When filling out an online report, fields with a red asterisk * are mandatory.
Replies and report copies will be sent to the e-mail address that you provide.
Upon completion of the process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted."
- Be given a temporary report number (this is not your permanent case number).
- Receive an e-mail within five days after your report is approved providing you with a permanent case number. A copy of your report will be attached to the e-mail.
- All online reports will be reviewed before they are approved.
- You will be notified by email if your report does not meet the online reporting criteria.
- You may be contacted if further investigation of your case is needed.
*** If you are the victim of a fraudulent Washington State unemployment claim, select Identity Theft below. ***
Our incident types for online reporting are listed below. Tips and examples of types of reports to file are here.
If you are adding information to a burglary report you have already filed with an officer, select "Burglary Follow-Up."
Do not report Graffiti online if it appears to be gang-related. Call us at (206) 296-3311 to report it.
Links below will open up new browser windows. Those links in BOLD will take you to a page specific to that topic.