Skip to main content

Civil Rights

Civil Rights

The Civil Rights program investigates discrimination under King County code as an impartial agency. Our services, including investigations, are free of charge.


How to submit a complaint

The King County Civil Rights Program will accept and investigate complaints that meet following criteria:

King County government is the employer or government service provider.

Yes, file a complaint

The employer, housing provider or business is in unincorporated King County.

Unsure where unincorporated King County is? See our interactive map

Yes, file a complaint

For complaints outside of King County


Contact the Seattle Office for Civil Rights or call 206.684.4500


Contact Tacoma Human Rights or call 253.591.5045

All other Washington State cities or counties

Contact the Washington State Human Rights Commission or call 800.233.3247