Public Records Policy
Call 206-477-1050 voice|TTY
Physical mail sent to the Ombuds Office may be delayed: 810 3rd Ave, Suite 705, Seattle, WA 98104
Request a Public Record
We are now using GovQA, a new public records system. After you create an account, you can make and track all your requests for King County public records in one place.
Our five-day commitment
Within five business days of receiving your request, we will:
- Provide the record(s)
- Acknowledge your request and give you a reasonable estimate of how long it will take to give you the records
- Deny all or part of the request, or redact part of the information, telling you the specific reason we cannot disclose it.
Alternative ways to request records
- Call us at (206) 477-1050
- Fax a request (206) 296-0948
- View in person – schedule with us
You can view records at no charge, by appointment, during our business hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. You may not remove, separate into pieces, or change any documents.
Best practices for requests
Please provide a detailed description of the records you want and your contact information. For example, if you filed a complaint with this office, your request might look like this:
- Provide the complete case file in Ombuds Case # [number]
- Provide all correspondence between the Ombuds Office and the Department of Permitting and Environmental Review regarding Permit # [number], which concerns an application to clear and grade a portion of my property, located at [address].
If you have a request for another agency or department, request it directly from them.
Public Records Officer
Janet Masuo is the public records officer for the Legislative Branch. To make a records request to the Legislative Branch, please contact:
Janet Masuo at Clerk.firstname.lastname@example.org
Clerk of the Council
Metropolitan King County Council
King County Courthouse
516 Third Avenue, Room 1200
Seattle, WA 98104
(206) 296-0198 fax
For requests seeking records from the Office of the Ombuds, you may also contact:
Trang Tran at Ombuds.PRA@kingcounty.gov
810 Third Avenue, Suite 705
Seattle, WA 98104
(206) 296-0948 fax
Alternate formats for persons with disabilities are available upon request.