Vehicle and heavy equipment auctions
All in person auctions have been postponed until further notice.
Auction site address
3007 NE 4th Street
Renton, WA 98056
Thursday before auction: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Friday before auction: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Day of auction: 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Starts around 9 a.m.
Payment must be made in the form of cash or cashiers check. If a bidder is unable to make full payment on the day of auction, the county requires a promissory note. Please see Terms (below) for more information.
- All equipment shall be offered on an “as is, where is” basis without warranty or guarantee of suitability or fitness for the purpose for which it was intended.
- King County reserves the right to refuse any and all bids and the right to withdraw any items from the sale without prior notice.
- After the Auctioneer has sold a piece of equipment, it becomes the sole responsibility of the Buyer.
- PAYMENT MUST BE IN THE FORM OF CASH, CERTIFIED CHECK, OR CASHIER’S CHECK MADE PAYABLE TO KING COUNTY FINANCE.
- No equipment will be released and no titles issued until payment has been made in full in the form of cash, certified check, or cashier’s check.
- Personal or business checks are accepted as promissory notes only, and must be redeemed by cash, certified check, or cashier’s check.
- Buyers must redeem their personal or business checks on either the Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday after the sale between 9 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. at the auction site (3007 NE 4th Street, Renton).
- The Buyer shall provide receipt of cash payment at time property is removed from the auction site.
- All equipment must be paid for by 3:00 p.m. on the Wednesday following the sale and removed from the auction site no later than 4 p.m. the same day.
- It is the Buyer’s responsibility to provide proper safety devices and equipment, licenses, and permits necessary to meet all government safety standards and legal driving requirements.
- The Buyer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Sellers against damage caused by acts of the Buyer or any person acting at the Buyer’s request or on the Buyer’s behalf in connection with the dismantling or removal of property.
- Vehicles sold do not have license plates. License plates and title transfer may be secured from the King County Auto License Office (King County Administration Building, (500 4th Ave, Seattle, WA 98104), open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. weekdays) or an authorized agent.
- Three-day driving permits are available for purchase at state license agencies.
- Federal law requires odometer disclosure at the time of transfer of vehicle ownership. No titles will be released prior to the completion of an Odometer Disclosure Statement.