Skip to main content

Residential collection

Learn about curbside recycling services for King County households.

Highlight Banner - Recycle right

Not sure what goes in the recycling bin?

Who collects my recycling?

In King County, private companies handle curbside collection of garbage, recycling, and yard waste. The same company that collects your garbage also provides recycling service. To find out which company operates in your area, select your city from the drop-down. 

Contact your recycling company or city recycling coordinator for service requests, including:  

  • Signing up for recycling or yard waste pickup
  • Getting a smaller garbage can
  • Requesting a new bin
  • Reporting missed pickups

What does recycling cost?

The cost of recycling is included in your garbage bill unless you live in Pacific, Vashon Island, Skykomish, or Snoqualmie Pass.

Highlight Banner - Seattle households and businesses

Seattle households & businesses

The City of Seattle provides solid waste facilities and services for Seattle households and businesses. If you live or work in Seattle, visit Seattle Public Utilities for service information.

Collection at multi-family properties 

Property managers or building owners manage the accounts for garbage, recycling, and compost at apartment, condominium, or other multi-family housing. Your complex may be paying for recycling as part of garbage collection. Check with your property manager to see if an onsite recycling service is available.

How do I set up recycling at my complex?

Individual tenants can’t sign up for recycling service on their own. Property managers should contact their local recycling company to set up service. Most cities have a recycling coordinator who can assist with starting an onsite recycling program.

Use the drop-down menu (see collection at single-family homes section of this page) to find the recycling company and recycling coordinator for your area.

If you live in unincorporated King County, we can assist with setting up recycling service. Property managers should contact our customer service at 206-477-4466 or submit an online request.