Skip to main content

King County Eviction Prevention and Rent Assistance Program – NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS

King County Eviction Prevention and Rent Assistance Program

Department of Community and Human Services

The King County Eviction Prevention and Rent Assistance Program (EPRAP) is no longer in operation nor accepting applications.

While in operation, the EPRAP program helped residents behind in rent and utility payments due to COVID-19 hardships. If you are seeking information regarding rent assistance or eviction prevention, please visit the United Way of King County rent help webpage found in the “For Questions” information box on this page.

 For questions, contact:

United Way King County

UWKC Support Form

Eviction-related Legal Assistance

Before you make decisions about leaving your unit or agree to a payment plan, find information about your rights and how the eviction process works at

For questions and general information about tenants' rights, call Solid Ground's Tenant Services Message Line at (206) 694-6767 or the Tenants Union of Washington State hotline at (206) 723-0500 or try

If you receive a pay-or-vacate notice in Seattle, call the City's Renting in Seattle Helpline at (206) 684-5700 to make sure it's a valid notice. The Eastside Legal Assistance Program can also provide legal help to tenants. Apply online or call their helpline: (425) 747-7274 (English) (425) 620-2778 (Español). Renters can also seek help from the Tenant Law Center at (206) 324-6890.

If you receive an eviction summons in King County, contact the Housing Justice Project at (206) 267-7069 or email Because of high demand, the Housing Justice Project cannot currently help tenants earlier in the eviction process, such as upon receipt of a 14-day notice.

EPRAP Payment Agreement

As part of receiving rent payments from King County, the landlord signed a Payment Agreement. This document includes information about the months that EPRAP paid your rent (the payment period) and the terms and conditions that the landlord agreed to, such as:

  • To not increase rent for six months after payment period.
  • To not issue late fees or additional charges for the payment period.

The agreement the landlord signed is available on the EPRAP Portal, which you can access here.


Need to check your status? Which best describes you?

If you are a tenant and you have begun working with a staff member on your rent assistance application, you can log into your tenant portal using the link “I’m a Tenant” below. If you have signed up for the waitlist and have not yet been contacted by a staff person, you will not have an account through this portal and should direct all questions regarding your application status to United Way King County through their Rent Help site and support form.

King County EPRAP has limited funding available. Unfortunately, we will not be able to help everyone that has registered.

Whether you are waiting for rent assistance in the Tenant Pool or currently in the process of being served, if your landlord issues you an eviction notice, help is available.

Contact Us

Phone 206-263-9105

TTY Relay: 711

Fax: 206-296-5260

expand_less $('#dchs-calendar').eventsCalendar({ calNum: 'ihej-kxp4', //Socrata database number *Required numItems: 4, title: 'Events', titleIcon: 'fa-calendar', allItemsUrl: '', allItemsText: 'See all events', url: '', version: 2 });