Yard Talk: Dirt Simple Tips for Natural Yard Care
Episode 6: "Native Plants"
Synopsis: Greg and Doug immerse themselves in native plants. They visit plant sales, salvage events and beautiful gardens as they travel around the county to show you some amazing ideas for using native plants.
Tips & Tricks
How to have a successful native plant garden
- Know your site conditions
- Pick the right plant for the right place
- Purchase plants by species name when possible
- Join community native plant salvage events
- Where to buy native plants
- Planting native plants.
- Beautiful garden examples. Where to find additional resources
Please Note: This list of resources is provided by King County as a courtesy to the public and does not endorse or guarantee the quality of the service offered or provided.
Check schedule for air times.
Yard Talk is brought to you by KCTV and the King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks.
For questions about this web page, please contact Greg Rabourn, Community Stewardship Specialist, Water and Land Resources Division.