How to sign up
We’re excited that you’re thinking about signing up to bring Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) to your home or property!
Right now, the RainScapes Program is in its pilot stage. This means that we are not currently accepting formal applications, but we are still connecting with property owners like you who are interested in learning about the program. Eligible property owners will be added to our waitlist to receive financial and technical support.
What to expect
Want to know what it would be like for us to work together? Here’s a step-by-step look at our approach:
- Quick conversation. We’ll connect to hear from you about your property and needs, to confirm your address is in unincorporated King County, and to share more about the program with you. You’ll have time to ask any questions you have about GSI and this program.
- Free on-site consultation. A project manager and engineer will visit you to assess the property and decide together what GSI project is the perfect fit.
- Design and contracting. King County will use everything you’ve shared to design the project, consulting with you every step of the way. We’re committed to making things as easy as we can for you, so we’ll manage permitting and hiring contractors.
- Construction plan. We’ll create a construction schedule together, based on your needs and schedule as well as when resources are available.
- Maintenance. When it’s time for final sign-off, we’ll agree on a maintenance plan for the next year and make sure you feel good about the path forward.
- Project timeline. Add a description about how long the project will take to start and complete (a year, two years, six months).
Interested in other opportunities? Reach out!
In the future we’ll have volunteer opportunities, community events, and learning opportunities available to our entire community. Let us know you'd like to participate by contacting GreenStormwaterInfrastructure@kingcounty.gov.