Open Space Plan
The 2016 King County Open Space Plan: Parks, Trails, and Natural Areas (2016 Open Space Plan), a functional plan of the King County Comprehensive Plan, provides the policy framework for the county's acquisition, planning, development, stewardship, maintenance, management, and funding of its complex system of 200 parks, 175 miles of regional trails, and 28,000 acres of open space.
The 2016 Open Space Plan was adopted by the King County Council on June 27, 2016. The Open Space Plan is informed by the planning efforts and public processes of previous documents, such as the King County Parks Levy Task Force Report (2012), the Parks Business Transition Plan (2002), the Regional Trails Inventory and Implementation Guidelines (2004), and the King County Comprehensive Plan.The plan was last revised in 2010 and enables King County to be eligible for certain federal and state grants, such as from the state Recreation and Conservation Office.
2016 King County Open Space Plan
- Cover/Table of Contents (1 MB)
- Executive Summary (1.3 KB)
- Appendix I - Maps (19.4 MB)
- Appendix II - Parks History (38 KB)
- Appendix III - Source Documents (38 KB)
- Appendix IV - Six-Year Capital Improvement Plan
- Appendix V - Acquisition Guidelines (31 KB)