Skip to main content

It is DAJD policy to investigate every allegation of sexual abuse, assault, or harassment that is reported. All people in custody can make a report. We refer all allegations of conduct that appear to be criminal to the Prosecuting Attorney's Office. 

How to report

If you or a loved one has experienced sexual abuse or harassment at a King County jail or youth detention center, there are multiple ways to report this. 

Reports can be submitted verbally or in writing. The reporting party may choose to remain anonymous. 

  • Contact the King County Ombuds Office by phone or email:
  • Notify any jail staff member. They are required to relay your allegation.
  • Fill out a "kite".  A kite is a form for written requests from inmates.
  • Report the incident directly to police or an attorney.