A site application design and installation permit are required when a new on-site sewage system is constructed. Construction must not begin until the installation permit is posted on the site/property.
- An on-site sewage system designer submits a site application to Public Health - Seattle & King County. Once the application is approved, a certified installer works with the designer to install a new on-site sewage system.
As with any person you may hire, you should interview at least 2 to 3 people.
- Winter Water Table Review
If conditions on the property indicate a high seasonal water table, a winter water table review may be required. Consult with your septic system professional regarding this matter.
- Appeal to the Health Officer via the King County Sewage Review Committee (SRC)
An order or decision by the Health Inspector may be appealed through the Sewage Review Committee process. The committee may make recommendations to the program supervisor concerning the Health Inspector's decision or determination that is the subject of the appeal for reconsideration acting in an advisory capacity only.
Appeals must be filed by 3 pm within 60 calendar days from the date of the decision/order.
Submit appeal package (form, proof of adjacent properties notification, exhibits, fee) to:
Eastgate Environmental Health
14350 SE Eastgate Way
Bellevue, WA 98007
- A public meeting is scheduled by the Sewage Review Committee to consider the appeal.
- Meeting is typically held at the subject property or at the Eastgate office.
- A written decision is mailed to the applicant and interested parties.