Skip to main content

Get help with the enrollment process

Select a method of assistance:

Sign in to Washington Healthplanfinder and follow the instructions for renewing.

Anyone who enrolled through Washington Healthplanfinder should get renewal information in the mail. Many people will get the option of automatically renewing their current plan. If you enrolled in Apple Health (free insurance), your renewal month will be 12 months after you enrolled. If you pay a monthly premium for your insurance, you need to renew during Open Enrollment.

If you are renewing your insurance, it is very important to look at all the options. Do not assume the plan you purchased last year is still the most affordable option. New and returning customers can compare more than 60 health insurance plans from eight different insurance companies and find out if you qualify for free or low-cost health coverage.

When you renew be sure to compare differing plan coverage and co-pay information. This includes reviewing your current tax credit amount and current premium amount to understand how they may change in 2016. Help is available by accessing the links at the top of the page find locations in area to enroll or request assistance.

Enrollment in Apple Health is year-round.

Download the guide for immigrants and refugees from the Washington Healthplanfinder website. If you still have questions, call 1-800-756-5437.

Immigrants can use Healthplanfinder to see if they are eligible for low-cost or free coverage.

  • Immigrants who are "lawfully present" may buy plans.

  • Certain immigrants such as pregnant women, children, and people who are very sick who are not "lawfully present" may still be eligible for coverage. Use Healthplanfinder to check eligibility.

In general, applying for health coverage or help with health coverage costs will not make you a "public charge"— that means it will not affect your immigration status, chances of becoming a lawful permanent resident (getting a "green card"), or becoming a naturalized citizen.

The only exceptions are if you receive long term care in a nursing home or other facility paid for by the government, or if you don't tell the truth on your application.