The Code Enforcement Section investigates complaints regarding violations of King County Codes (KCC) related to zoning, building, property maintenance, shorelines and critical areas in unincorporated King County as outlined in KCC Title 23.
Depending on the number and complexity of code compliance cases we’re working on, it may take us longer to respond to new complaints. We prioritize and investigate cases based on their potential to harm public health and safety or the environment. We can only investigate non-priority cases as time allows. Thank you for understanding.
Provide accurate information
Provide specific, accurate, and complete information in addition to your name and phone number. Include the address or parcel number of the property in violation, name of the property owner, name of the tenant if the property is leased, and description of the violation.
Your name and phone number are NOT required. If you wish to remain confidential, you must state that in your complaint.
Identify the Violation
- Accumulation of junk and debris
- Clearing or grading without permits
- Construction without a permit
- Dangerous or open-to-entry buildings
- Illegally placed mobile homes or factory-assembled structures
- Irresponsible or hazardous development
- Livestock infractions
- Open wells and other hazardous conditions
- Operation of an illegal business
- Substandard housing
- Storage of junk cars
- Zoning code infractions
We do not enforce property line disputes, hazardous trees on adjacent properties or tenant - landlord disputes.
How to file a complaintFile a complaint online
- Call 206-296-6680
- Or send a letter to:
King County Local Services
919 SW Grady Way, Suite 300
Renton, WA 98057
Tools and Resources
- Property research
- Permit/case search
- Introduction to Code Enforcement
- Working with Code Enforcement
- How to comply with King County Code
- Code Enforcement Application for Fee Waiver or Adjustment
Don’t see the violation? Research other enforcement agencies