Permits and building
Rural King County
Building permits, land use regulations and other services are administered by the Permitting Division of the Department of Local Services, the Department of Health and the Department of Natural Resources and Parks.
How do I?
- Install, repair and replace septic systems
- Develop a group well
- Protect your house from forest fire
- Build green in rural areas
- Sell development rights for use in urban areas
- Building and land-use permit questions, please call 206-296-6600
- Septic system questions, please call 206-205-3999.
- Code enforcement complaints online
During business hours, please call 206-296-6680.
- If King County offices are closed and the activity you need to report threatens public safety or could damage our environment, please call the 24-hour hotline immediately, 1-888-437-4771.
- Do you need a permit?
- Development and permit bulletins
- Permitting customer information bulletins
- Property research and maps
- Permitting Division records
- Sustainable building
- Critical areas