Vets 4 HIRE Program
Heroes in Reintegration Experiences
King County’s goal to be the best-run government in the country is creating an atmosphere of innovation that attracts dedicated people from across the nation. We’re creating an environment where people come together to solve problems and get results. We value the leadership skills, teamwork, problem-solving, mission orientation and multi-cultural awareness that veterans and military service personnel offer. We believe their talent, experiences and perspectives can support us in achieving our goal of being the best-run government.
We created the Vets 4 HIRE Program to support veterans in making a successful transition from military to civilian employment and to provide a pipeline of skilled veteran talent for positions within King County.
What the Vets 4 HIRE Program offers
- Year-round part-time or full-time structured learning immersion in a variety of fields and levels within King County government
- Valuable hands-on and practical work experience that helps secure future employment with King County or other civilian employers
- A supportive transition experience with access to a variety of support services
- An initial six month paid learning experience with a possible extension up to a total of 2080 hours
- Competitive pay based on military rank held and education level
- An ORCA card that pays the fare for public transportation
- Medical benefits for positions that are funded to work 30 or more hours each week
Vets 4 HIRE Program positions will be created throughout the year and posted on the King County job page, with all other current job postings.
Sign up to be notified of Vets 4 HIRE Program positions as they become available.
Person who served on Active Duty, in the National Guard, or Reserve component of any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States, including the Coast Guard, and retired or separated from the military with a characterization of discharge of Honorable, General Under Honorable, Other Than Honorable, or Uncharacterized; OR,
Person who currently serves on Active Duty, not including National Guard or Reserve service members who have been activated for federal service; OR,
Person who currently serves in the National Guard or Reserve component of any branch of the armed forces of the United States, including the Coast guard, and either, has fulfilled the initial military service obligation, or was activated for federal service for purposes other than training.
AND The person must be a King County resident at time of hire
If you have questions about these eligibility requirements, please contact the King County Veterans Services Program at 206-477-7022