Background and purpose
The King County Solid Waste Division is committed to ongoing communication with households living near the Cedar Hills Regional Landfill. We host twice-yearly gatherings for the community to meet with our staff and BioEnergy Washington.
All meetings are open to the public. We share out meeting dates and information via:
- Direct mailings
- Notices on our website
- Email notifications
We provide accommodations for people with disabilities when requested at least one week in advance of the meeting. To make a request, call our customer service line at 206-477-4466; TTY Relay: 711.
We post meeting notes and presentation materials to this page following each event.
- October 11, 2023 meeting notes
- October 11, 2023 meeting presentation
- March 29, 2023 meeting presentation
- March 29, 2023 meeting notes
- Sept. 28, 2022 meeting presentation
- Sept. 28, 2022 meeting notes
- April 27, 2022 meeting presentation
- April 27, 2022 meeting notes
- Oct. 13, 2021 meeting presentation
- Oct. 13, 2021 meeting notes
- April 21, 2021 meeting presentation
- April 21, 2021 meeting notes
In February 2020, the Solid Waste Division conducted a community survey. The aim was to learn about the priorities, concerns and communication preferences of people living near the landfill.
Follow up to the 2012 Noise Study.
- 2012 Detailed Perimeter Noise Study at Cedar Hills Regional Landfill Results from the noise study conducted in September/October 2012. Since then, we’ve completed more noise mitigation measures at the North Flare Station. This includes wrapping of piping and blowers.
- 2010 Cedar Hills Regional Landfill Site Development Plan
This plan was unanimously approved by the King County Council in December 2010. It summarizes the preferred alternative for future development of the Cedar Hills Regional Landfill. See the Cedar Hills Development Project for the most recent site development plans.